NewsroomPlus.com Contributed by Fonterra Fonterra is pushing on with a business relationship with digital innovation start-up company Job Done after they won an idea pitch yesterday at GridAKL, in Auckland’s innovation precinct. Seven teams representing Icehouse, Spark Ventures and BBDO spent a month developing prototypes at their own cost with a view to securing future services with the Co-operative to help farmers save time and money. The seven ideas were pitched to a judging panel made up of Fonterra farmers and staff, and consisted of:
- Job Done, mentored by the Icehouse: a workforce management and productivity focused app under development by farmers for farmers. .
- Pastoral Robotics, mentored by the Icehouse: aims to transform unwanted, environmentally harmful nitrate leaching and greenhouse gas emissions into more grass and more profit for dairy farmers. .
- Old Yellow, mentored by the Icehouse: optimises feed inputs for dairy farmers and create a farmer to farmer marketplace that provides easy access to best quality feed at competitive prices. .
- Senapps Technologies, mentored by the Icehouse: a smart monitoring service that collects data on traditional farm systems and devices and then uses analytics to understand the trends, patterns and anomalies. .
- Proximity NZ, BBDO: absorbs the day-to-day challenges and processes for farmers, with particular focus around automation, knowledge and resources. .
- Spark Ventures: Qrious pasture growth is a web application driven by climate input data. .
- Map of Agriculture: building software to be able to create insights from collaborative benchmarking to create real actions from it.