MIL OSI – Source: Australia Government Ministerial Statements – Details Released of Australia’s Federal Budget 2015-16 (Budget media lock-up) At 7:30pm on Tuesday 12 May 2015, the Treasurer will deliver the 2015-16 Budget in the House of Representatives. From 1:30pm on that day, embargoed Budget materials will be available to approved members of the media in a secure lock-up area in Parliament House, Canberra. Media organisations are now invited to apply to the Treasury for access to the lock-up. Enquiries and applications, including the names and positions of employees seeking access, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 24 April 2015. Space in the lock-up is limited, so media organisations should restrict their applications to essential employees only. Attendees can sign in from 12.00pm to a pre-lock-up area, which they will not be able to leave. When the lock-up commences at 1.30pm, those already signed in will be able to move immediately into the venue and collect their Budget materials. Attendees are asked to observe these security conditions:
- Budget information may not be broadcast, published or made publicly available in any way until 7.30pm (AEST).
- Attendees may not make contact with anyone outside the lock-up area prior to 7.30pm (with the exception of authorised communications to secure Budget sub-lock-ups).
- Mobile phones and pagers cannot be taken into the lock-up. Secure storage facilities will be available outside the lock-up area.
- Laptops and tablets can be taken into the lock-up. Electronic versions of the Budget documents will be available on USB sticks or for download via a secure Wi-Fi access point. Following download, connectivity must be disabled for the duration of the lock-up. The area will be monitored for unauthorised transmissions.
- Once the lock-up begins at 1.30pm, attendees may not leave the lock-up area until 7.30pm, except in the case of emergency.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the lock-up area, and attendees will not be permitted into smoking areas during the lock-up.