MIL OSI – Source: New Zealand Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment MBIE – Local Government invited to support UFB, RBI and Mobile Black Spot programmes
31 March 2015
Local authorities are being asked to get involved in identifying the next priorities and ways they can support better connectivity of broadband and mobile coverage in their areas.
Examples of the actions local authorities could take to support their bid for better connectivity include:
- working with residents and businesses to identify opportunities for broadband use and support rapid uptake
- developing a Digital Enablement Plan for the community
- facilitating consent processes for new infrastructure
- making deployment quicker and less expensive by providing information about existing infrastructure
- providing assistance in developing or operating new sites (for example, by making land available or providing access or track maintenance).
Submissions are due by 3 July 2015.
Read more about the programmes and register your interest on MBIE’s Economic Development Information website.