MIL OSI –
Source: New Zealand Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment MBIE – Press Release/Statement:
Headline: Māori in Business report released
12 March 2015
The Māori in Business report was today released by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, providing an analysis of Māori who run their own business, using data from the 2013 and 2006 Censuses of Population and Dwellings.
The key findings of the report show.
- Over 21,000 Māori run their own business.
- Māori are half as likely to be self-employed as the total population.
- Median incomes for self-emplopyed Māori are similar to those for all self-employed people, while there is a larger gap between the incomes of Māori employees and all employees.
- More self-employed Māori worked in the service sector than in any other sector.
- The self-employment rate amongst Māori differs by region.
Read the full Māori in Business Report on MBIE’s Labour Information website.