Evening Report editor, Selwyn Manning.[/caption] Editor’s Note: Welcome to Evening Report! I have launched EveningReport.nz tonight under a ‘Independent Interactive Debate’ brand. And as you can see, EveningReport.nz launches with an extended one-on-one interview with investigative journalist Nicky Hager on the Snowden Revelations. Here, you will find this e-media site as less tribal than a blog. Know, it is independent at its core. And, it is driven by public interest fourth estate journalism principles. EveningReport.nz is owned by Multimedia Investments Ltd (MILNZ.co.nz) a company that I established in the early 2000s. And I have decided to be the foundation editor of this project. I don’t normally write about myself. But it is important to provide a little detail here:
- I have 22 years experience as a journalist, and have specialised in investigative journalism, politics, foreign affairs, intelligence and security analysis and reportage. I hold MCS (Hons.) and BCS (Hons.) degrees. I spent about 18 months as a press secretary/political advisor to the Labour-led New Zealand Government 1999-2001.
- Site name – EveningReport.nz
- Date Launched – 8pm March 9, 2015
- First Interview – With Nicky Hager on the Snowden Revelations.
- Editor – Selwyn Manning
- eMail – Editor@eveningreport.nz