MIL OSI –
Source: Australian Minister for Social Services – Press Release/Statement:
Headline: Mobile Service Centre diverted to Tropical Cyclone Marcia-affected communities
25 February 2015
Senator the Hon Marise Payne
Minister for Human Services
The Australian Government Mobile Service Centre Kangaroo Paw has been diverted to the Fitzroy region of Queensland this week to provide emergency on-the-ground support for tropical cyclone Marcia-affected communities.
The Mobile Service Centre will visit:
- Duaringa, on Wednesday 25 February, from 9 am to 4:30 pm, adjacent to the Community Building Corner Elizabeth and Williams Street
- Dululu, on Thursday 26 February, from 9 am to 4:30 pm, opposite the Dululu Hotel on Main Street
- Goovigen, on Friday 27 February, 9 am to 4:30 pm – address will be advised on the department’s website
- Baralaba, on Saturday 28 February, from 9 am to 4:30 pm – address will be advised on the department’s website
- Byfield, on Sunday 1 March, from 9 am to 4:30 pm – address will be advised on the department’s website
Minister for Human Services Senator the Hon Marise Payne highlighted that staff on board the Mobile Service Centre can help people lodge applications for Disaster Recovery Payment (DRP), as well as obtain access to other Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support assistance.
“DRP is a one-off payment available to those people within the Fitzroy district whose homes have been destroyed or suffered major damage, or who have been severely injured,” Minister Payne said.
“Adults may be eligible for $1,000 and each child under 16 may be eligible for $400 in assistance.”
For more information about the Disaster Recovery Payment – including full eligibility criteria – go to humanservices.gov.au/disaster or call the Australian Government Information Hotline on 180 22 66 from 8 am to 8 pm (local time), seven days.
For more information about the Mobile Service Centre and to view upcoming service schedules, visit humanservices.gov.au/rural or call 132 316.